Our Family

Our Family
Our Family

Sunday, January 31, 2010

18 days

Luke will be one year old in 18 days. How is that possible? He has rolled off of one bed (it was a high one), and two couches, has had numerous bumps and bruises, been left once with strangers only to cry for his mom the entire time (the strangers were family members), fallen in his bath twice, had suntan lotion rubbed in his eye, has been sick twice AND he has been kissed billions of times by his mother, held and snuggled after every bump and bruise, squeezed tightly after being left with strangers, and loved so much that it makes me cry. What would I do without him? He is a part of me that I cannot live without. He is my sidekick through my many adventures which include folding the laundry and doing the dishes. We go to battle together when cleaning the house by holding him while I vacuum and sweep (he is secretly scared of them both), and when driving anywhere, I keep an eye on things out the front window while he keeps watch out the back window. We are unstoppable.

I love being a mom.

2 comments:

Monica said...

You make me less nervous and more excited to be a mom :) it's very reassuring so thanks!

Halley said...

And they just keep growing... and growing... I am so glad things are going well for you. Good to hear how things are going in your life. Love ya.