Our Family

Our Family
Our Family

Friday, February 6, 2009

What Baby?

Oh, that baby. Sorry, I forgot. It's not connected to my body like it is to someone else I know. Everything is great with the baby. Here is the official rundown. A few months ago we had an ultrasound where it was determined that one of the his kidneys is larger than the other one, because of a small buildup of fluid. From that time until now, Brienne has had monthly ultrasounds to make sure that it's now a problem. As it turns out, the doctors should have told us more, because a problem like this doesn't effect the birth of the baby at all. Thanks guys for freaking us out. Anyway, the build-up of fluid is probably due to a tube being slightly constricted, which can be fixed with a simple surgery after he is born, if the condition continues. So, that's the good news.
The bad news is, apparently we have to take care of this child after he is born. I know, I thought the government would do that. I'm pretty annoyed. If I knew there was responsibility involved I would have abstained. So, ya, our little man is set to come at anytime, although the due date is officially the 28th. Brienne is definitely ready to have him out though, and I must say I am too. We are looking forward to the day when that happens. Until then, Brienne is becoming larger and larger and much less mobile. One side effect of note is that with Brienne's lungs not having as much space to expand, there have been some very strange breathing noises during the night. Sometimes it's like I'm sleeping next to some strange animal, but then I remember that there's actually a reason for it. I am eager for the day when the baby is on the outside, and Brienne is back to her old self.
We do some new ultrasound pictures from this most recent one, so I'll try to throw those on later. Apparently getting good ultrasound pics is harder to do later one, because there isn't as much empty space in there anymore for him to move. Go figure. We will let everyone know, when there is more to tell.

5 comments:

Megan said...

It's getting close. If you guys need anything like dinner or whatever feel free to ask us.

Monica said...

Dave I'm glad you're making up for Brienne's slack on blogging. I am so excited for your baby to arrive, though I do love how cute Brienne is with her big baby bump :)

Elise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elise said...

Some strange animal? :). I'm glad to finally hear some news...I didn't know it was a boy even. I hope everything goes well with his kidneys. (And Doctors are always lame about not giving you relevant information...it makes me quite perturbed.)

Good luck with the delivery process!

Sorry for the double comment post...my computer always tricks me.

Halley said...

Sorry Dave but Brienne will never be the same after pregnancy and giving birth. She may continue her odd behaviors for a while. Just ask Jared.... Don't worry, it tends to fade after he is out of the house. :-)
We are excited for you guys! Boys are the best. Be sure to take good care of that Brienne for me! Good luck to the both of you and keep us updated!